Wednesday, February 20, 2013

time.

The Beatles sang and incredible song that goes a little somethin' like this, "All you need it love, bah bah bah duh bah duh" - I sing this song all the time, but I changed some words... "All I need is time, bah bah bah duh bah duh".

time.
Where do I even begin?  Time is one of the most important treasures of student teaching.  There is time carved out for everything:
10:00-10:30: Literacy, 10:30-11:15: Writing, 11:15-12:15: Math, 12:20-12:50: LUNCH (Don't be late!!)....the list goes on! 
Time for planning - after school, at night, on the weekends.  
Time for the ISL project and weekly modules...Wherever those fit in. 
Time for myself, my husband, my dogs...perhaps the most important time to be sure to have in my schedule.  

You see, time is limited.  It is so important to do a great job in all aspects of my life.  Making the most of my time is the most crucial part to thriving during the next several months.  

priorities. 
I'm a list maker.  I make a list for everything: the grocery store, my school things, my house work, etc.  If I didn't make a list, I would be drowning.  There is just something about making a list that calms the nerves and soothes the soul.  Do you feel like you're drowning?  Make a list. Do it. Right now. I promise it will calm your nerves- and better yet, wait til you start checking things off...ahhhh the joy!

My goal these next several months is to be an effective manager of my time.  Carving out time for school work, making time schedules work at school, carving some time to spend with my new husband (and our pups), and carving out time for myself (I need alone time) are all things I need to maintain. So far, so good and student teaching (and newlywed life) has been smooth sailing.  I start FULL TIME on Monday.  


                                   wish me luck :)

Until next time, 
Mrs. Snead

No comments:

Post a Comment